My dryer (about 7 or 8 years old) was running but not heating at all. When I went looking for a problem I found that the terminal block was burned out around the black wire. The black wire was melted, the block where the black wire went in was burned and melted and the power cord was melted at the terminal block. Looks like maybe the black wire insulation rubbed against one of the beveled edges of the wall until it hit wire and then shorted out. The question I have is, could this happen due to something else wrong with the dryer? Or is it most likely just a problem with the wiring at the block -- that is, if I replace the power cord and the terminal block should that fix it, or was the melting/arching more likely caused by something else? Thanks!!
ANSWER Hello Lonce. Usually the wires melt from a loose connection and can take several years sometimes to do this. You will need to repair the wires that are burnt and replace the terminal block 134101400 and the dryer cord for the dryer. Hope this helps.
Answered by AppliancePartsPros.com | Monday, April 16, 2012