My turntable no longer turns while microwave is operating. Heats fine but no motion. I'm going with the assumption that it's the motor that's bad. Is this easily replaced from under the unit or will I have to remove it from the wall?
ANSWER Hello Paul! The turntable motor is part number 5304440021. The unit should not have to be moved from the wall. Here is the typical turntable motor instructions, hope it helps!
1. Disconnect power.
2. Remove the three screws at the assy base bottom.
3. Remove the plastic cover (fixed with a screw) that covers the motor.
4. Remove all of the wires connected.
5. Remove a screw from the motor.
6. Turn the motor to the right and remove it.
7. After replacing the motor, re-install it on the accurate position of the coupler.
8. Assemble in the reverse order.
Answered by AppliancePartsPros.com | Friday, June 03, 2011