My microwave is only 4 1/2 years old. Everything is working but the turntable. While I was heating it made a noise and the turntable stopped.
Sounds like I need a motor.
ANSWER Hello Kathleen,
I would put a glass of water in the unit to serve as a load so the magnetron doesn't get damaged and turn the unit on after accessing the motor and removing the harness from it. If you get 120Vac across the terminals for the motor, the motor has failed. If not, either the control board is bad or the wiring between the control board and the turntable motor is open or shorted.
Answered by AppliancePartsPros.com | Saturday, October 06, 2012