How do I remove the old filter to replace with a new one?
ANSWER DiAnn, here is the information located in your owners manual on how to change the water filter. Hope this helps!
1. Turn Off the ice maker power switch.
2. Remove the filter by pushing on the end/face of the filter.
3. Slide the old water filter cartridge straight out of the housing and discard it.
4. Unpackage the new filter cartridge. Using the alignment guide, slide it gently into the filter housing until it stops against the snap-in connector at the back of the housing.
5. Push firmly until the cartridge snaps into place (you should hear a click as the cartridge engages the snap-in connector).
6. Press a drinking glass against the water dispenser while checking for any leaks at the filter housing. Any spurts and sputters that occur as the system purges air out of the dispenser system are normal.
7. After filling one glass of water, continue flushing the system for about four (4) minutes.
8. Turn On the ice maker.
9. Press and hold the Water Filter button on the Ice & Water Dispenser control panel for three seconds. When the display changes from “Red” to “Green,” the status has been reset.
Answered by AppliancePartsPros.com | Thursday, August 23, 2012