I have a ge spacemaker microwave oven (JVM3670SF02) and it started to smell electrical burnt every i start it. Opened the side panel and fired-up the mcirowave and witnessed big sparks coming out from the terminals of the magnetron. Tested with ohmeter and read...1.6 ohms. Also tested the diode, not getting any reading (open on both sides). Is this common that if you have a bad diode, it will eventually ruin the magnetron ? can you please provide part number for both diode and magnetron for my unit ? thanks,
ANSWER Hello Sonny. WB27X10017 is the magnetron and WB27X1160 is the diode for the unit.
Answered by AppliancePartsPros.com | Friday, December 14, 2012