Hello, the other day there was a weird noise and smell coming from the microwave. I opened the front cover and noticed a burnt mark near the diode on the casing. I turned the microwave back on and the diode was burnt in two. I ordered a replacement diode and turned it back on with the same issue. I wanted to know would a bad magnetron or capacitor would cause the diode to blow. Thanks
ANSWER Hello TJ. Based on the information you provided, the magnetron WB27X10017 is bad and will need to be replaced. Test the magnetron. It should read less than 1 ohm and should read open to ground. If bad, replace it.
Answered by AppliancePartsPros.com | Saturday, December 15, 2012