Hello, the other day there was a weird noise and smell coming from the microwave. I opened the front cover and noticed a burnt mark near the diode on the casing. I turned the microwave back on and the diode was burnt in two. I ordered a replacement diode and magnetron, put them both in the microwave. The microwave turns on with no noise or smell but it doesn't heat up.
ANSWER Hello TJ,
You may want to test your thermal fuse on the magnetron for continuity. It is possible that the thermal fuse went bad as well and would need to be replaced.
Answered by AppliancePartsPros.com | Friday, December 28, 2012