The microwave will start up, but not heat anything up, all other functions work, lights, clock, etc. Thanks
ANSWER Hi Michael. I would use the digital capacitor Tester / Volt/ohm meter part # TJMA-DM1.You can only voltage check the control board out put at the primary terminals of the transformer. It should read 120 vac. The output of the transformer is NOT measurable. Test the high voltage diode part # WB27X1160.http://www.gallawa.com/microtech/diode.html. Then you need to remove the magnetron part # WB27X10017 to see if there is a burnt top emitter port or a cracked surrounding inner magnet. That should ohm out to 0-1-ohms and not shorted out. Thank you.
Answered by AppliancePartsPros.com | Monday, April 23, 2012