We ordered & received the oven door gasket strip from GE.
Can you give us instructions to install it?
We were sent gasket #AO195032001ME and appears to be a little short.
Do you agree this is the correct gasket for our model # oven door?
Thanks so much for your help.
ANSWER Hello Kate. Here are the instructions from the manufacture. Hope this helps.
Oven Door Gasket
The gasket forms a seal around the front edge of
the oven liner and the inner door panel except for
approximately a 6-in. opening at the center bottom.
The gasket is attached to the inner door panel by a
chain of spring clips.
To remove door gasket:
1. Open the door completely.
2. Pull the end of the gasket out of the slots at the
bottom of the door.
3. Finish removing the gasket by placing a finger
under the gasket beside the clip and pulling
To install gasket:
1. Locate the 2 clips on the gasket just right and
left of center.
Note: The gasket will go on easier if folded 90
degrees at the clip being inserted.
2. Place a finger on top of the spring clip and press
into the 2 center top holes in the inner door
Answered by AppliancePartsPros.com | Wednesday, June 01, 2011