24/7 Customer Support

:

Customer Questions and Answers for Pressure Switch by GE

  1. Our Price $69.06
    Compare At $133.15
    You Save $64.09
    • Part Number: AP2045898
    • MFG Part Number: WH12X10069
    • Made by: GE
    Add to Cart

Questions & Answers

For GE Pressure Switch (Part Number: AP2045898)

Answer or Comment

View all Questions

We have always run full loads. Lately when filling a full load, the water level overfills, surpassing it's previous high water mark and begins draining onto the floor under the washer out the overflow tube. Initially I thought it was likely the water inlet valve, but my wife tells me that if she dials back the load size to ~3/4 of a full load everything is fine. With that info I was advised on this site to replace the pressure switch (part # APC5898). So I did. But that didn't fix it. A full load still overfills onto the floor. I tracked down the other end of the small tube that connects to the pressure switch. It connects to a rectangular protrusion on the outside of the wash tub. While the washer was filling, I disconnected this hose from the tub and and blew into it. Water shuts off. When I stop blowing into the tube, filling continues. This further suggests that the pressure switch and water inlet valve are functioning correctly. So, why does a 'full load' overfill, then overflow but lesser load sizes fill and run fine? Thanks

Karl D. for Model Number WPSQ4160T6ww

ANSWER Hello Karl, I would first disconnect the hose at the pressure switch end and blow into it. There could be a "wad" of lint restricting the pressure from getting to the pressure switch. Next, I would check that I have ample water pressure to the water valve because the only thing that turns off the water valve is water pressure. You need to make sure the water supply hoses are not kinked also. Most of the time, the water inlet valve or the pressure switch is the cause. Once in a while we will find a clogged pressure switch hose or an obstruction in the "rectangular protrusion". My knee jerk reaction, since you have changed the pressure switch already, is to change the water inlet valve WH13X10024. At the very least, you should set the unit to spin and get all of the water out of the machine then remove the hose from the pressure switch and blow through it to insure there is no water in the hose. Also make sure there are no kinks in the pressure switch hose. You should realize that while the water inlet valve has electrical components, there are also mechanical parts inside it that can take too long to close if it is malformed or clogging with sedimentation and mineral deposits from the water supply. This is why I still suspect the water valve. Please let us know if you still require help as we do want badly to assist all who post a question. 

Answered by AppliancePartsPros.com   |   Wednesday, August 22, 2012

We are Safe, Secure, Dependable and Trusted
  • BizRate.com Customer Certified Site - Click to Verify