How do I take the glass cook top off to replace the spark module?
ANSWER Hello Ely. Here are the instructions from the manufacture. Hope this helps.
Note: Maintop removal is required for:
• Spark module
• Gas piping inspection
• Wiring service
• Valve replacement
• Jet holder service
• Manifold service
• Indicator light replacement
• Bezel replacement
• Isolation transformer
1. Remove the valve knobs.
2. Remove the burner caps and burner head
3. Remove the 1-1/16 in. burner ring locking nut.
4. Remove the large brass orifice tube from the
center of each burner base using a 20-mm or a
Caution: When removing the wire from the igniter,
make sure you do not damage the heat shrink
insulation on the wire. If damaged, repair the wire
insulation with fiberglass tape.
5. Lift each burner base and disconnect the pushon
wire terminal from the spark electrode.
Place the burner base assemblies in a safe
Note: When assembling, check the integrity of the
heat shrink on the igniter leads going to the
electrodes. If damaged, proper ignition may not
occur. Repair the wire insulation with fiberglass
6. Remove the left screws holding the bezels for
the left-front and right-front gas valve knobs.
7. Raise the maintop front about 6 in. and disconnect
the 6-pin connector under the maintop and
behind the right-front valve.
8. Push the spark electrode wires through the
holes in the maintop.
9. Pick the maintop straight up and place face up
in a safe area where it will not be scratched or
accidently knocked over.
10. To service the spark module or transformer,
remove the heat shield held by 4 Phillips
11. To reinstall the maintop, reverse the procedure
1 through 10.
Spark Module Removal
1. Remove the maintop (see Maintop Removal).
2. Remove the heat shield held by 4 Phillips
3. Unplug the connector from the spark module.
4. Unplug 5 igniter wires from the spark module.
5. Remove 2 screws and the spark module.
6. To reinstall the spark module, ensure the connector
is properly seated and the igniter wires
are connected in their original positions.
Answered by AppliancePartsPros.com | Monday, May 09, 2011