How to replace the infinite control switch part # wb24t10153 on a GE cooktop?
ANSWER Hello Roy. 1. Pull out the range from its installation.
2. Remove the three 1/4-in. hex-head screws that
attach the vent trim to the rangetop.
3. Lift and remove the vent trim. 4. Remove the two 1/4-in. hex-head screws that
attach the rangetop to the range. 5. Raise the rear of the rangetop, then slide the
rangetop toward the rear of the range about 6
inches. 6. Remove the two 1/4-in. hex-head screws and
the heat shield from the range. 7. Disconnect the 2 rangetop wire harnesses.
8. Remove the 1/4-in. hex-head screw that
attaches the ground wire to the range. 9. Carefully lift the rangetop and place it on a
Note: When installing the rangetop, be sure both
rangetop wire harnesses are positioned underneath
the heat shield. To access the control panel:
1. Remove the rangetop. (See Rangetop.)
2. Remove the 4 Phillips-head screws from the
bottom of the control panel. 3. Remove the 2 Phillips-head locator pins from the
top of the range.
4. Place a towel or protective item across the top
of each side panel.
5. Slide the control panel forward, rotate and place
the panel top down across the range on the
protective surfaces as shown. 6. Now you can replace the switch WB24T10153 in the unit.
Answered by AppliancePartsPros.com | Tuesday, January 29, 2013