Turned on microwave and it came on with usual startup noise. There was an immediate strong electrical burn smell began and got worse. Turned off and tried again next day and same thing. Someone told me it could be the transformer. Haven't taken a voltage meter to it yet. Thought it might be the magnetron or the transformer, what's your best guess? Would the magnetron have the same strong electrical burn smell?
It would more than likely be the transformer or the diode that would be giving off the electrical odor. The magnetron typically does not in this type of issue.
Answered by AppliancePartsPros.com | Monday, April 29, 2013