One of the buttons (one for water, crush, or cube ice)has broken loose and is no longer in proper position to function. I was able to pry the cover out far enough for the button to fall out, but I cannot figure out how to get the cover off to either put the button back in place or see what component(s) might need to be replaced to make the button work again. How do I get the cover around the buttons off to further investigate?
ANSWER Hello Joel1. Here are the instructions from the manufacture. Hope this helps.
1) Disconnect funnel and button assembly by pulling down
2) Remove display frame Assembly by making a gap
between a display frame Assembly and funnel
Assembly. with a balde screwdriver and pulling it
forward. The cover dispenser is attached with a hook.
3) The Display Assembly can be connected by pressing
the top of the dispenser cover and pushing it after
separating the Display Frame from its housing.
4) Loosen four screws with a phillips screwdriver and pull
the funnel Assembly to disconnect.
5) The Duct Cap Assembly can be disconnected if the hold
lever connecting screw is loosened with a phillips driver.
6) To install the Duct Cap Assembly, insert one end of the
spring into the right hole of the dispenser lever and
insert the other end into the right hole in the top part of
the dispenser. Then attach the holder at the solenoid
Answered by AppliancePartsPros.com | Monday, July 11, 2011