The microwave is not heating and is making a loud electrical buzzing noise. I found the transformer wire going to the high voltage capacitor burnt. I ordered and replaced the transformer and ran the microwave for a few seconds and the noise is still there. I tested the 2100V capacitor and got a reading of 1.101
I was going to order a capacitor and a diode but I'm not sure that I am testing it correctly.
ANSWER Hello Nick. You will need to replace the magnetron and the diode in the unit. If you look, you will find cracks in the magnets on the magnetron.
Answered by AppliancePartsPros.com | Thursday, May 02, 2013