I ordered a drain hose from you, but need help to install it. On your site it says the hose attaches to overflow chamber. I can't find a picture of that. Where is it located and what does it look like? The old drain hose did not have the black hose part so I'm not sure how to attach the one I got from you.
ANSWER Hi Scott.Step 6: DRAIN LINE CONNECTION
1. If the end of the drain hose does not fit to the drain line, use an adapter (not supplied) that
must be resistant to heat and detergent and may be obtained from a plumbing shop.
2. There are 2 typical connections as shown in Figures C & D.
? There may be other options than shown here for connection the drain hose. The drain
connection must meet local plumbing regulations.
? The S trap spigot must be drilled out cleanly and free of obstruction to its maximum
internal diameter, if used for drainage.
? To prevent syphoning, one of the following instruction methods must be followed:
??Follow local codes and ordinances.
??Do not exceed 10 ft. (3m) distance
??Do not connect drain lines from
other devices to the dishwasher
Figure C: Connection to Disposer or waste Tee.
In case Figure C
In case Figure D,Cut off the
Drain Hose in a dotted line
Figure D: Connection to Air Gap.
- 36 -
Step 7: WATER SUPPLY CONNECTION
1. When connecting, sealing tape or
sealing compound should be
used to avoid water leaks.
2. Before connecting, turn off the water
3. After fitting the Elbow into the
Inlet Valve, slide the Flexible
Stainless Tube or Copper Tube
into the Elbow.
4. Tighten the nut and make sure
that the line is not kinked or
Water Supply Tube
1. Before beginning, turn off electrical
power to the unit at the circuit breaker.
2. Remove the Junction Cover and then
Install the Strain Relief.
3. Twist Wire Connectors tightly on the
wires. Wrap each connection with
4. Check again and make sure that all
wires are connected correctly, black to
black, white to white, green to green
(ground to ground).
5. Replace the Junction Cover.
Strain Relief. In Your installation guide is a pictoral view for the installation of the drain hose connections. Thank you.
Answered by AppliancePartsPros.com | Saturday, July 16, 2011