What is the easiest way to access the old part, get it, and replace it with the new part? I received the part from your company and was expecting instructions detailing how I could replace it.
Thanks for your help,
ANSWER Hello Tom. Here are the instructions from the manufacture. Hope this helps. 2. Remove gasket bracket clips
There are four clips on each door. Start bracket removal
near one of the middle clips.
1) Pull gasket back to expose gasket bracket clip and
2) Insert a flat tip screwdriver into seam between gasket
bracket and door frame and pry back until clips snaps
3) Continue prying back along seam until all clips snap
Reinstall the clips:
1. Insert gasket bracket clips
1) Insert gasket bracket edge beneath door frame edge.
2) Turn upper gasket bracket spring so that both spring
ends are in the door channel.
3) Push in clip until you hear it snap securely into place.
4) Repeat steps 2 and 3 for lower gasket bracket spring.
5) Push in remaining two clips until you hear each snap
securely into place.
Note: Make sure that no part of gasket bracket edge
protrudes from beneath door frame edge.
Answered by AppliancePartsPros.com | Monday, May 09, 2011