Hello, Our 6 year old oven stopped heating a few months back. The touch screen panel seems to work fine including the clock and hood. However, regardless of the temp/time chosen, the turntable turns, the hood inhales but nothing heats up, even the slightest bit. I do not have an ohmmeter but wonder if you would hazard a guess that the Magnetron would need replacing. We are a family of 2 and the microwave has been lightly used although we live near the ocean and electronics do not last long here at all. Would it be reasonable for me to remove the Magnetron and send it to you for testing? We do have a local appliance repair guy but based on past experience, he just makes a guess on what is wrong and replaces modules/parts until the unit functions again - which is nothing I can't do myself.
Any help or guidance would be appreciated. Thanks for your time, Roger.
ANSWER Hello Roger! You will need to check the magnetron 2B71165R, transformer 6170W1D052U, and HV diode 6021W3B001V. Thanks!
Answered by AppliancePartsPros.com | Thursday, June 09, 2011