24/7 Customer Support

:

Customer Questions and Answers for Air Gap with Cp Cap by Pro

  1. Our Price $3.11
    Compare At $3.46
    You Save $0.35
    • Part Number: AP5649585
    • MFG Part Number: TJ60421
    • Made by: Pro
    Add to Cart

Questions & Answers

For Pro Air Gap with Cp Cap (Part Number: AP5649585)

Answer or Comment

View all Questions

Note: This question is for the older version of this part, but we thought you might still find it helpful

Where is the airgap located and is it in the drain hose right before it goes into the drain ?

Dora for Model Number kenmoore elite

ANSWER Hi Dora. We are presuming that you are talking about a dishwasher. If you were to need any parts in the future, please send us the exact model #. All dishwashers inner door panels do not close at the bottom horizontal left to right. As you notice the heater area and the bottom of the tub it is concave so the deepest part of the water is in the middle of the sump/pump area. This designed so all water stays out from the the inside of the door panel and drains down into the sump. The water only comes up to the bottom area of the heater allowing the water to stay away from the inner door approx. 2". The bottom of the door at the tub will draw in air here to allow proper circulation. You need to use dishwasher magic part # TJ104 monthly so this all will remain clean and performance will be optimized. Then you will take the drain hose and check with your installation instruction with your use and care manual for proper installation. They will explain to have the drain hose looped at the highest point under the sink and mounted to the inner back wall. This will create a natural drain loop effect (p-trap) so the stinky drain water does not back up into the dishwasher. Then into your sink drain , (taught)and on a sloping elevation into the drain. If you are referring about the drain hose air gap, then this will be put into the sink top so it can use fresh air to allow it to be at the highest point of the drain hose and then into the sink drain. It will be a vacuum break allowing the drain water to bring in air similar to the drain hose "anti-siphon" Y- extension at washer drain. The Air gap part (sink adapter) is part # TJ60421. Thank You. 

Answered by AppliancePartsPros.com   |   Tuesday, January 10, 2012

We are Safe, Secure, Dependable and Trusted
  • BizRate.com Customer Certified Site - Click to Verify