24/7 Customer Support

CHECKOUT
Items in Cart:
Total
$0.00

Customer Questions and Answers for Icemaker Assembly by Samsung

  1. Our Price $82.42
    Compare At $98.08
    You Save $15.66
     
    • Part Number: AP4172186
    • MFG Part Number: DA97-00258A
    • Made by: Samsung
    Add to Cart

Questions & Answers

For Samsung Icemaker Assembly (Part Number: AP4172186)

Answer or Comment

View all Questions

When my Samsung ice maker turns over to dump out the ice not all of the ice will pop out of the ice tray. As a result when it turns back over and fills with water the excess runs in to the ice catcher and will cause all the ice to freeze together. This does not happen every time. Some times all the ice will pops out and other times it will not. I tried to order a replacement tray but so far have not found a place I can buy the older model that has ten small compartments. The replacement ice tray I got is not as wide as the old tray, it is a little longer, and the ice compartments are larger and there are only seven compartments. I say compartments for lack of what to call them...

Joe for Model Number AP4172186

ANSWER Hello Joe, Try heating up a small bowl of white vinegar and dip a wash cloth in it and use it to wash the ice tray. You see, mineral deposits commonly stick in the trays and will cause the cubes to stick instead of dropping out. This works 90% of the time. The other 10% of the time either the tray has to be replaced, (if it's available), or the icemaker has to be replaced. 

Answered by AppliancePartsPros.com   |   Thursday, April 12, 2012

We are Safe, Secure, Dependable and Trusted
  • BizRate.com Customer Certified Site - Click to Verify