How do I install a main bearing?
ANSWER Hello John,
The instruction sheet reads as follows:
1. Remove Toe Panel with a 5/16” nut driver. Loosen bottom screws far enough to tip bottom of panel out and away from washer. Remove 2 screws holding Front Panel to Cabinet. Tip Front Panel bottom away from Cabinet and remove. Remove two screws holding Top assembly to Cabinet. Carefully Lift Top Assembly, and prop in an open position.
2. Remove fabric softener dispenser by unsnapping from agitator. Remove agitator by one of two ways. 1. (Auger style agitators) Loosen bolt in agitator and remove by sliding straight up output shaft of transmission. 2.(Flex vane agitators) Remove flex vane agitator by placing hands under agitator lip and pull upward. If agitator is difficult to remove, use two agitator removal hooks, No. 254P4P under bottom edge of agitator. Remove drive bell by pulling upward. If drive bell is difficult to remove, use agitator hooks.
3. Remove six tub springs from lower lip of outer tub using spring hook tool 289P4. Remove counter balance spring located in the rear of the washer.
4. Unsnap and remove Outer Tub Cover.
5. Remove O-Ring from transmission output shaft. During reassembly, be sure to install new O-Ring (25-7941) provided with kit.
6. Use spanner wrench (35-2968) and seal tool (22002898) to remove seal nut.
7. Remove inner tub bolts and inner tub.
8. Remove lint filter.
9. Remove washtub hub with Maytag spanner tool 22038313. Turn spanner counterclockwise to remove. It may be necessary to lock transmission from turning. Attach clamp or Visegrip® tool to transmission only as shown. Transmission will stop rotating when clamp contacts tub support.
10. Disconnect tub drain hose from outer tub.
11. Remove bolts from motor assembly and drop motor down to base. Disconnect wire harness from motor tap.
12. Remove drive belt from transmission pulley.
13. Remove pressure hose from pressure bulb on outer tub.
14. Lift outer tub and transmission assembly out of washer cabinet. Turn outer tub and transmission assembly upside-down on protective padding.
15. Remove screws holding leg support to outer tub. Separate transmission assembly from outer tub.
16. Remove seal and bearing using the brake removal tool 12002012 with included 3” PVC end cap.
17. Coat new triple lip seal with petroleum jelly.
18. Apply center seal grease (056016) to Seal Nut before installing.
19. Use 3M800 on the outside diameter of the Tub Bearing as shown.
20. Install new bearing using Brake/Bearing tool 12002012, large washers and PVC end cap. Important: Use large washers to prevent damage to bearing.
21. Confirm the lower bearing which is located in the Milk Stool has not been damaged from a water leak (Bearing #40004001).
22. Reassemble washer.
FOR AN ILLUSTRATED COPY PLEASE PROVIDE AN E-MAIL ADDRESS.
Answered by AppliancePartsPros.com | Thursday, January 03, 2013