Note: This question is for the older version of this part, but we thought you might still find it helpful
I occasionally get the error #06 at the beginning of the final spin cycle. Could this be caused by an old belt? The unit is 6 years old and started doing it intermittently about a year ago.
ANSWER Hello Mike. The control is unable to properly detect motor speed and the machine
will shut down. If a failure occurs during high-speed spin, the door will
be unlocked after three minutes. 1. Verify the shipping system including shipping bolts, spacers
and cables are removed.
2. Unplug washer or disconnect power.
3. Check wire harness connections between the drive motor and
the Motor Control Unit (MCU), and between the MCU and the
Central Control Unit (CCU).
4. Plug in washer or reconnect power.
5. Check the MCU by looking for operations of the drive motor.
6. Check the drive motor for powered rotations. If there is power to the motor and the motor does not run, you will need to replace the motor 8182793. Hope this helps.
Answered by AppliancePartsPros.com | Monday, September 19, 2011