24/7 Customer Support

:

Customer Questions and Answers for Board-Con by Whirlpool

  1. Our Price $167.47
    Compare At $197.61
    You Save $30.14
    • Part Number: AP4080117
    • MFG Part Number: 67004258
    • Made by: Whirlpool
    Add to Cart

Questions & Answers

For Whirlpool Board-Con (Part Number: AP4080117)

Answer or Comment

View all Questions

Thanks for the previous answer. I wanted to make sure that water was getting to the water inlet valve on my Maytag Fridge. How do I get the plastic hose off the top of the water inlet valve? Where it's connected I see a little blue round thing on top of a little black round thing? Is there a trick to getting this off without putting a whole in the plastic hose? At first I thought that I could just pull the hose off, but that doesn't seem to be a good idea, so I stopped.

Jimmy for Model Number MSD2650HEW

ANSWER Hello Jimmy. The thing your dealing with is called a john guess fitting. These are easy once you understand how they work. To remove it, you push in on the line,(toward the valve), and push the ring around the line toward the water valve. Now, while holding the ring toward the valve, Pull the line out. To install you push the line as hard as you can and it will "pop" in. Pulling on it seals the fitting. (You must pull on the line to make it seat and not leak). Hope this was informative without confusion. Have a great day! 

Answered by AppliancePartsPros.com   |   Monday, March 12, 2012

We are Safe, Secure, Dependable and Trusted
  • BizRate.com Customer Certified Site - Click to Verify