Kenmore 110 62972100, control board 3976627 or 8546223 or W10116564, and I think, AP4366715
Dryer runs when start button is pushed and held in, but shuts off when button is released, motor and heat relays seem ok, 3 small doides look overheated, and board is discolored around them..a larger resistor on the board also looks overheated.
If I replace the board will it be damaged by some hidden failure in the dryer, or do the boards sometimes overheat or get damaged by voltage spikes, etc? I don't want to buy a new board only to see it burn up in a few minutes. Thanks.
ANSWER Hello Jim. Based on the information you provided, the motor needs to be replaced. It is bad. The switch on the motor is causing the issue.
Answered by AppliancePartsPros.com | Wednesday, May 22, 2013