How to - replace temp. control assy - part AP4070269?
ANSWER Hello John25. 1. Disconnect the unit from the power
2. Open the fresh food door and remove
any loose items on the top shelf.
3. Remove the light shield cover by pulling
down on the back corners of the
cover, and sliding the cover forward. 4. Remove the control housing mounting
screw at the back of the control housing.
Slide the control housing to the
right and lower from control housing
5. Disconnect the temperature control
housing electrical quick disconnect.
6. Remove the temperature control housing
from the refrigerator and place on a
flat work surface.
7. Remove the control knob by pulling it
away from the temperature control.
8. Remove the electrical and ground leads
from the temperature control terminals.
9. Remove the control by pushing on the
tab with right thumb to release the lock.
With the left hand, rotate the control out
of its locking tabs.
10. To remove the thermal mass, insert a
flat bladed screwdriver between the
thermal mass and the control housing
area. Turn the screwdriver to release
the mass from its locking tab.
11. Install the replacement control 61005327 in the reverse
order of removal. Hope this helps.
Answered by AppliancePartsPros.com | Saturday, September 03, 2011