Why does the cover spark and start to burn when I try to use the microwave?
ANSWER Hi Roger. Spark in any microwave immediately means there is a direct short to chassis ground. Remove the cover. Find the blackened of the burn mark and sand with 440 grit to clean. Use rubbing alcohol to clean spot, let evaporate fully. Paint part # is 72017. Use touch-up paint ( a couple of coats ) and let dry overnight. The cover is part # 4359963. Make sure the supplied metal blade is fully self supported on the stirrer shaft before installing dielectric cover. Push ion holding pins tight. Thank You.
Answered by AppliancePartsPros.com | Tuesday, October 25, 2011