I have a kitchen aid model keys750jq1.
Symptoms: I hear nothing and the motor will not start.
1. I have power at the terminal block 120/240.
2. i checked the door switch, it has continuity.
3. i checked the thermostat heater, it read 7200 ohms.
4. i check the push to start relay it has continuity upon pressing switch in.
5. i disconnected all the wires from the timer and checked continuity per the timer switch diagram on time dry and at end of cycle. the continuity of the switches check out.
6. I checked the motor wire harness. All sockets are open to ground
7. I checked the motor wire harness resistance: white to blue it read 1,840 ohms with PTS switched open and 1,040 ohms with PTS pushed in.
8. I checked the motor terminal spades. At the white to blue terminals it reads 2.4 ohms. All other terminal spade connections are open.
Can anyone tell me what is wrong?
You will want to check the continuity of the thermal fuses to make sure that they have continuity. If no continuity then they are defective and would need to be replaced.
Answered by AppliancePartsPros.com | Monday, May 06, 2013