Note: This question is for the older version of this part, but we thought you might still find it helpful
This is an over the range microwave. I have power at the wall plug. The microwave is nonresponsive. Probably is the inline fuse or some other fuse. How do I access the fuse? Do I have to take the microwave off its mounts or is there an access panel fron the front or inside. I remember when I installed the microwave that it is heavy and that is why I'm wondering if there is an easy access port as this fuse would be the first line of protection for the appliance. Thank you in advance for your help.
ANSWER Hello Larry,
If you feel across the top of the unit, you can feel two screws that, when removed, allow the removal of the grill assembly. Once this is removed you can access the single screw at the top of the control panel. Now the control panel will side up and off. This will allow you to access the fuses. Be aware that even when the unit is unplugged, the capacitor can still hold enough of a charge to kill you. Because of this, I recommend to ground each terminal you plan to touch with a screwdriver blade to ground.
Answered by AppliancePartsPros.com | Monday, July 23, 2012