Dryer overheating. Blew thermal fuse. Replaced it and heater coil stays on full time. Cleaned dryer and short run vent, spotless. Changed thermistor. And now the heating element that was old and I figured could be shorting somewhere possibly when heating. Checked ohms of resistance on control board at the p25 and p26 wires getting 10.56 ohms. Checked thermostat on heating element housing on stove and it shut off at around 155. please help.
You will want to check to make sure that the cycling thermostat is operating and cutting power to the heating element. Also check to make sure that the heating element is not shorting to ground which would also cause the heater to stay on.
Answered by AppliancePartsPros.com | Friday, June 07, 2013