Just recently, we started smelling a electric burning smell from the right side of the control panel half way through a wash cycle. I opened up the control panel and I did not see any evidence of any discoloring on the circuit board. I believe that the thermal fuse is issue. Do I need to check the Heating element for a short or even the High Limit Thermostat for a short or open?
ANSWER John, Yes, you'll want to test the resistance of the heater element (10 to 30 ohms resistance) also check the wiring from the thermostat, and heater to the door, make sure they aren't pinched or jammed along the bottom of the dishwasher or frame. Check the thermostat for a "closed" circuit at room temperature. The most common issue is a loose or weak connection inside the junction box, on the front frame. make sure the wires are twisted together tightly and the wire nuts are installed tightly and taped off the keep moisture out of the connections.
Answered by AppliancePartsPros.com | Wednesday, May 15, 2013