How do I test the defrost control board, light switch 6 times 5 sec? Is that how all this boards work? Can I UNPLUG THE BOARD AND SIMULATE A DEFROST BY SHORTING THE PINS INSIDE THE CONNECTOR?
ANSWER Hello Allan. 1. Disconnect the unit from the power
2. Open the fresh food door and remove
any items on the top shelf.
3. Remove the light shield and the temperature
control housing. 4. Connect the refrigerator to a wattmeter.
5. Make sure compressor is running (cold
6. Using an insulated number 22 jumper
wire short between L1 and Test; this will
put the refrigerator into a defrost for
approximately 23 minutes.
7. The watt meter should read between
500 to 600 watts depending on the
Answered by AppliancePartsPros.com | Monday, September 10, 2012