The microwave oven works as usual just not heating food. Fan works, light works. Could it be capacitor?
ANSWER Hello Jack,
This can be the capacitor, diode, high voltage transformer, magnetron, or the control board. These components should be tested to avoid ordering unnecessary replacement parts. Be aware that the unit should be un-plugged and the high voltage capacitor should be dis-charged to ground before contacting it to prevent electrical shock.
Answered by AppliancePartsPros.com | Friday, July 05, 2013