This unit started to make a fairly loud humming sound a few weeks ago and last night sparks were flying aroung the chamber. The plastic housing at the top center of the chamber caught on fire before I was able to shut the unit down. If it's the magnetron, is it worth replacing, and if so, can I do it myself? I'm quite handy doing almost anything including electrical work.
The area that you are referring to as having sparks flying would be the stirrer 8184581. You would want to replace the stirrer.
Answered by AppliancePartsPros.com | Wednesday, March 20, 2013