I installed a new glass cook top (74007072) to replace the old one that was cracked. However, only 3 of the 4 corners rests completely flat on the granite at one time (the other is slightly raised causing it not to rest secure(it wobbles slightly). I can't see any reason why it won't sit flat. I can't think of what I can do differently or any adjustments that can be made. Any ideas? Would a little silicon be ok/ appropriate?
ANSWER Hello Johnny,
Here are the steps you will want to take to get unit level:
A) Verify Burner Box is square.
1. Remove knobs.
2. Remove unit from installation position.
3. Place unit, cooktop side down, on a protected surface.
NOTE: Be very careful not to damage the valve or infinite switch stems on the cooktop.
4. Loosen the screws securing the main top to the burner box.
NOTE: This will allow the burner box to relax and relieve any twist that may have occurred
during manufacturing or transit.
5. Tighten screws loosened in step 4 securing main top to burner box.
6. Return unit to installation position (removed in step 2).
7. Reinstall knobs removed in step 1.
Answered by AppliancePartsPros.com | Thursday, January 24, 2013