I need instructions on how to install part# ap3177963 main control module.
ANSWER Hello Ed. 1. Unplug refrigerator or disconnect power.
2. Remove the mounting screws and drop the control
panel. 3. Press against the plastic retaining clips to release
the main portion of the board from the control box.
Then release the narrow portion of the board. 4. Disconnect the wire connectors and carefully
remove the board from the control panel. 5. Remove the new control board from the electrostatic packaging. Carefully, bend the front of the board up
until the tabs between the circuit boards separate. The boards will remain connected by trace wires. Be
careful not to damage components on the topside of the board.
6. Position the tabs from the front of the board under the edge of the main board until it is bent to about a
40° angle. 7. Reconnect the wiring connectors to the new board.
8. Install the new board 8201527 under plastic retaining clips on the control box.
9. Replace the control panel.
10. Plug in refrigerator or reconnect power. Hope this helps.
Answered by AppliancePartsPros.com | Wednesday, November 30, 2011