Please provide me with instructions for replacing the Oven Bake Ignitor AP4041245. Do I need the ceramic wire nuts for installation?
ANSWER Hello Helen. Here are the instructions from the manufacture on replacing the igniter 31940001. Hope this helps.
Oven Burner Ignitor
1. Turn off electrical power and gas to the range.
2. Disconnect gas and power from unit.
3. Remove storage drawer, oven door, racks, and oven
4. Remove Z panel (freestanding only).
5. Disconnect wire terminal plug, located underneath
oven behind storage drawer.
6. Remove screws securing ignitor to oven burner and
oven rear wall.
7. Remove oven ignitor, by sliding ignitor towards front
of the oven, feeding wires through opening.
8. Replace and reassemble in reverse order.
Answered by AppliancePartsPros.com | Monday, August 15, 2011