Do I need an appliance repair company to put the new handle on or can I do it myself?
ANSWER Hello Mimi. You can replace the handle if you take your time and follow these instructions. Open oven door slightly and grasp door on both
sides. Lift up and off the hinge receivers. 1. Remove oven door, see "Oven Door Removal"
2. Place door on a protected surface.
3. Remove screws securing bottom glass support to
4. Slide inner door glass and trim towards the bottom of
oven door and remove (large window models only).
5. Detach right and left door trim pieces.
6. Remove screws securing top door trim to oven door
7. Remove screws securing door handle brackets to
inner door panel. 8. Lift upward on the lower side of the door handle to
release side alignment screws and rotate towards the
top of the oven door to release and remove.
9. Remove screws securing door handle to door handle
NOTE: Proceed with the following steps for inner door
10.Remove screws securing door glass retainer to door
baffle and remove.
11 Slide inner door glass downward to release from
upper door glass retainers and remove.
12.Remove screws securing door baffle to door lining
13.Remove insulation from oven door.
14.Lift inner glass and glass frame from oven door.
15.Reverse procedures to reassemble oven door.
Answered by AppliancePartsPros.com | Tuesday, May 01, 2012