24/7 Customer Support

:

Customer Questions and Answers for Switch-Pre by Whirlpool

    • Part Number: AP4038854
    • MFG Part Number: 31266
    • Made by: Whirlpool
    • Not Available

Questions & Answers

For Whirlpool Switch-Pre (Part Number: AP4038854)

Answer or Comment

View all Questions

Where is this part water Level pressure switch located and what is the easiest way of getting to it. How can I test to make sure that this is part of the water flow problem of the tube not filling and how can I check it without taking the machine mostly apart? I'm also replacing the Fill Valve AP4044492.

Al for Model Number LW33033W Mf #P1118416WW Serial #9109014973

ANSWER Hello Al. The pressure switch 31266 is located inside the control panel. You can remove the hose and blow through it to see if it is clogged. Also, test and see if it is sending power to the water valve when the tub is empty. If not, it is bad. You can test this with a multi-meter TJMA-DMT3. Here is a link on how to use a multi-meter. Hope this helps. http://forum.appliancepartspros.com/oven-repair-including-ranges-cooktops/4810-how-check-continuity-ohmmeter.html 

Answered by AppliancePartsPros.com   |   Wednesday, December 14, 2011

We are Safe, Secure, Dependable and Trusted
  • BizRate.com Customer Certified Site - Click to Verify