I have a whirlpool dryer, model # LER4634EQ2. I transferred a load of laundry to the dryer, left the room for a few minutes and came back to the laundry room to start a new load in the wash. There was an odor coming from my dryer. Not exactly wires burning, or a dry heat smell. After some investigating, it seemed as though it was coming from behind the timer. The dryer ran for a bit (I wanted to dry the load that was in there), and the smell finally went away. But now it will run through it's cycle and turn off, but there is no heat. Could the smell maybe have been something that burned out, say the thermal fuse or heater element? Or could this be something wrong with the timer? I do not have testing capabilitites, and with my household, I needed my dryer fixed yesterday. Thank you!
ANSWER Hello MrsB. Yes, the timer may have went bad. Check and make sure you have 240 volts coming to the dryer. Check and make sure the unit is not set to Air Fluff. Also check the heater and thermostats and see if they are good. You can test these with a multi-meter TJMA-DM1. They should read closed for continuity. Here is a link on how to use a multi-meter. http://forum.appliancepartspros.com/oven-repair-including-ranges-cooktops/4810-how-check-continuity-ohmmeter.html
Answered by AppliancePartsPros.com | Thursday, May 30, 2013