Will the top assembly come with instructions? Is it something reasonably competent DIYers can do?
ANSWER Hello Ellen. To replace the Maintop Assembly 74008543:
1. Turn power off to unit.
2. Open oven door and remove screws securing
maintop to oven chassis, located on the out side
edges of the maintop.
3. Raise the front edge of the maintop and pull forward
4. Disconnect wire terminal plugs from the maintop
5. Lift maintop assembly from the oven chassis.
6. Reverse procedure to reinstall maintop assembly. Hope this helps.
Answered by AppliancePartsPros.com | Monday, December 19, 2011