I recently had an unfortunate accident where the top assembly of my stove got shattered. I am thinking about buying one from you guys, but I dont know how to get the old one off or install the new one. Can anyone help?
ANSWER Hello Huey. Here are the instructions from the manufacture. Hope this helps.
1. Disconnect power before servicing.
2. Remove screws securing assembly to frame.
NOTE: Open oven door to access screws.
3. Raise smoothtop slightly and move slightly forward.
4. With the smoothtop moved slightly forward, label and disconnect wire harness.
5. Remove smoothtop and place in a protected area with underside up.
6. Reverse procedures to reassemble.
Answered by AppliancePartsPros.com | Monday, April 25, 2011