Can I replace the valve without tipping the refrigerator up? Valve is in front. Thanks.
ANSWER Hello Ken. Yes, 1. Unplug the refrigerator or disconnect the
2. Remove the two screws from the base
grille and remove the grille.
3. Turn off the water supply to the refrigerator.
4. Position a container to catch the water in
the next step.
5. Disconnect the 1/2? nut from the water
6. Remove the two hex-head mounting
screws from the water valve mounting
7. Pull the water valve forward and disconnect
the water outlet tubing nut(s).
8. Disconnect the solenoid connector(s)
from the water valve 2006766 terminal(s). Hope this helps.
Answered by AppliancePartsPros.com | Wednesday, March 07, 2012