I replaced my igniter stove lights fine but after it's turned off a strong gas smell still comes from the oven. The gas smell is all the time no matter how long its been since the oven was used. Thanks!
You should turn the gas off to the unit and do not use it even for the surface until you replace the gas valve 74002387. Once the part has been replaced, check for gas leaks with a soap and water solution mixed as follows: One teaspoon of liquid soap to a gallon of water and mix well. There is so little pressure in the gas lines, if you mix the soapy water solution too thick, the soap will actually stop a gas leak until it drips off.
Answered by AppliancePartsPros.com | Monday, September 10, 2012