My dryer motor locked up oh my
Robert H. • Smyrna, GA • July 17, 2014
My Repair & Advice
It is a very old dryer, but I went ahead with the repair, taking it apart to confirm that the motor had
locked up. I then went on line with my model number and applianceparts pros.com came up.
The motor looked nothing like my old one. I sent an e-mail to appliancepartspros and they sent
the info back stating that it was the motor, and so I ordered it and got it. When I started to install
the motor it looked funny, one end bolted right up but the other side was wrong. The old motor
had the short pulley. the new motor had both short and long pulley.
The short pulley on the new motor did not line up. so I installed the long pulley.
Every thing is now lined up and ready to assemble, when I went to install the front panel the
motor locked up at the fan blade. So I removed the motor hold down clamps and moved
the motor back just a little bit. That fixed it, and the wiring was easy I put tag's on each wire
before I removed the old motor. And it was just number one wire hooks to number one on the new motor, number two hooks to number two on the new motor and so on.
I was thinking wow that is a nice dryer now, Sounds and works like new.