Agitator top section not moving
Jerome K. • Vacaville, CA • January 18, 2015
My Repair & Advice
1) Pulled straight up on the top most part of agitator to remove it (part that you pour fabric softer in) and the plastic cap under it. Cap has tabs on each side of top to make it easy to grab and pull out.
2) Used wrench with about 9 inch extension to remove bolt in top of agitator which could be seen after removing the fabric softer piece.
3) Pulled whole agitator out of washer, put it on the ground, held bottom part down with feet on each side, pulled up on upper section. Top and bottom sections came apart easy.
4) Could see the old parts that looked much like new (except worn out). Put new parts together and in the same way old parts were in the agitator.
5) Put agitator bottom and upper section together and right back in to washer. Turned and pressed a bit to get the agitator back in the shaft.
6) Bolted the agitator back down with new bolt, put new cap in over the bolt, snspped fabric softener back on agitator. All done.