Loud squeeking after dryer warmed up
Edward S. • Aurora, IL • August 10, 2014
Appliance: Model WGD6400SBO
My Repair & Advice
1) Remove 2 screws inside lint trap that attach to top.
2) Use putty knife at front corners to release while pulling up Tie off to stay up.
3) Remove 2 screws that hold on front cover, pull up and set aside.
4) Loosen drive belt by pushing idler pulley toward motor underneath the drum.
5) Loosen two top screws and remove two bottom screws on front drum retainer, remove and set aside.
6) Mark drum front for reassembly and remove, set aside
7) Remove and replace the two rollers on the back of the dryer. Be sure to clean the shafts.
8) Remove and replace the two rollers on the inside of the drum retainer.
9) Replace pulley assembly. Note I could not find the pulley separately. The whole arm is needed.
Reassemble in reverse order. make sure belt has ribs facing down.
This model (WGD6400SBO Whirlpool Cabrio) uses 4 rollers in contradiction with most diagrams I have seen which show 2. I recommend getting the kit with the two rollers, pulleys and belt, and 2 extra rollers.