How do I install this part?
Answer Hello Wess. Here are the instructions from the manufacture for the actuator 241682202. Hope this helps.
To remove the Front Cover:
1. Disconnect refrigerator from electrical supply.
2. Shut off incoming water supply to Ice Maker.
3. Loosen two (2) screws in bottom of Front Cover
under touch pads.
4. Push up on cover and pull straight out. This will give
you access to the cover, ribbon connector, and the
touch control board.
5. Remove three (3) screws on back of cover holding
Touch Control Board to cover.
6. Pull ribbon straight out of connector to remove and
replace Control Board.
To Remove Relay & Power Supply Board
(located behind black cover plate)
1. Remove two (2) bottom screws on front of cover
2. Place small flat screwdriver between cover plate and
housing in the middle at the bottom.
3. Twist screwdriver and tip bottom of cover plate out
4. With cover plate removed, pull board straight out
front of housing and tip it up.
5. Disconnect two (2) wires to Actuator Switch.
6. Press in on tabs on electrical plug and push it into
7. Remove light bulb.
8. Press in on tabs of light socket and push socket
down out of housing.
9. Remove wires from light socket and ground wire
from heat motor bracket.
10.Remove heat motor from bracket.
11.Remove board by guiding wire and heat motor
through housing. You can now access and replace the actuator.
12.Reverse order to reassemble relay and power supply