We used our oven 2 days ago and now it won't come on. Everything else works. After setting the temperature, I hear the "click" but nothing happens. I was told that there was a power surge and the board went out. Can this happen, where only the oven goes out and not the range top?
Answer Hello Donna,
The wiring for the surface and the wiring for the oven compartment split at the terminal block, (where the power cord connects to the unit). So, in answer to your question, yes it can happen. You will need to check the elements, the high limit cutout (if applicable), and the relays on the control.
My oven wont fire up until I put it to 550 degrees. I have already replace the igniter. A shop said I could be the control panel.
You will want to check the oven sensor first to make sure that it has a resistance of approximately 1090 at room temp. If this checks ok then the control board 316557101 would most likely be the cause of failure.