I replace the oven control 316557118 and everything works, but oven seems to heat higher than set point. Is there a calibration procedure for the oven control? I seem to remember something about it in the instructions with the control, but have misplaced that paperwork.
Answer Tn tuttle,
Here is the way to do an oven calibration for your unit.
* Press and hold Bake (upper oven or lower oven depending on model) for 10 seconds.
* The current calibration offset (temperature adjustment) should appear in the temperature display.
* Use the number keys (Up and Down arrows depending on model) to enter the desired amount of adjustment.
(Up to 35° and down to -35°)
* Press Self Clean to change the sign of the adjustment to a (-) if necessary. A positive adjustment will not display a
* Once the desired adjustment (-35° to 35°f) has been entered, press the Start pad to accept the change or the Cancel
key pad to reject the change.
**On some models: to calibrate oven temperature, press Bake. Set temperature to 550°. Press and hold Bake
for 10 seconds.**