The broiler element goes on when I turn the oven on. Also goes into a F10 code. Thanks, Gerry
Answer Hello Gerry. Based on the information you provided, first pull your range out from the wall, unplug your range, then take off the back access panel and ohm your oven sensor. It should ohm out at 1100 ohms at room temperature. If that checks good, then your control board is the problem. You can test this with a multi-meter TJMA-DMT3. Here is a link on how to use a multi-meter. http://forum.appliancepartspros.com/oven-repair-including-ranges-cooktops/4810-how-check-continuity-ohmmeter.html
I replace the oven control 316557118 and everything works, but oven seems to heat higher than set point. Is there a calibration procedure for the oven control? I seem to remember something about it in the instructions with the control, but have misplaced that paperwork.
Answer Tn tuttle,
Here is the way to do an oven calibration for your unit.
* Press and hold Bake (upper oven or lower oven depending on model) for 10 seconds.
* The current calibration offset (temperature adjustment) should appear in the temperature display.
* Use the number keys (Up and Down arrows depending on model) to enter the desired amount of adjustment.
(Up to 35° and down to -35°)
* Press Self Clean to change the sign of the adjustment to a (-) if necessary. A positive adjustment will not display a
* Once the desired adjustment (-35° to 35°f) has been entered, press the Start pad to accept the change or the Cancel
key pad to reject the change.
**On some models: to calibrate oven temperature, press Bake. Set temperature to 550°. Press and hold Bake
for 10 seconds.**