Error Code E11 (takes too long to fill).
The symptoms: when washing on any cycle, the washer stops at random times and displays "Err". If I start it again it will wash for another display minute (which takes a couple of actual minutes). Then it pretty much stops until I press the button to start it again.
The washer door switch has been replaced but has not helped.
You will want to check the following to repair the unit.
1. Is the incoming water fl ow normal? Yes, go to step (4). No, go
to step (2).
2. Are the incoming water faucets turned on? No, turn water
faucets on. Yes, go to step (3).
3. Is the incoming water pressure above (30) psi? No, have
customer correct pressure problem. Yes, check for kinked or
blocked incoming water hoses, clean incoming water screens.
If problem still remains, replace the water inlet valve assembly.
4. Does the fi ll water continue to enter the washer? Yes, go to
step (5) no, go to step (6).
5. Remove power from washer. Did the water fi ll stop? Yes, go to
step (6). No, replace the inlet valve assembly.
6. For Better models, check the electronic pressure sensor. For
Good models, check the pressure switch. Pressure sensor
checks good. Go to step (7). Pressure sensor checks incorrect.
Replace pressure sensor.
7. Replace the Main Control Board.
It runs throughout wash cycle fine but gets to the spin cycle and shuts down. It does one loop and drains a small amount of water. When it stops all but one light goes out.
You will want to put this unit through the diagnostic mode per the tech sheet located inside the unit. While in the diagnostic check to see if there are any stored error codes which will give you an idea of where you want to test.